Introducing the latest 312food creation: my smoky mango avocado toast recipe!
It’s super delicious, and BEYOND easy to make. You don’t need much besides avocado, bread, a knife, and a toaster.
And a mouth.
And some pretty plates, of course.
Recipe serves 2 (or 1 extremely hungry person):
- 1 freshly baked* loaf of sourdough
- 1 avocado
- 1 mango
- 1/2 a lime
- 1 bunch cilantro (optional…I know, I know)
- Chili powder, to taste
- Himalayan pink salt
*I absolutely love freshly baked bread. For so long, I tried to re-create restaurant dishes, like burgers, at home — and there was always something missing. It turns out, fresh bread makes THE biggest difference in overall taste.
And, it’s still pretty cheap. This huge loaf was just $3!
I used sourdough for this recipe. You can use any bread, of course, but I really like how the sourdough pairs with the other flavors here.
WHAT TO DO
This “recipe” (if you can even call it that, since you don’t even have to cook!) couldn’t be much simpler. You simply:
- Slice & toast the bread
- Cut & slice the avocado (cut in half, remove pit, put halves face down, slice & peel off skin, cut into slices)
- Mash avocado with fork on top of toast (1/4 avocado per slice)
- Add Himalayan pink salt to taste
5. Slice mango and place on top of toast (cut off skin, cut mango off of core, cut into strips, add to toast)
6. Sprinkle with chili powder
7. Add cilantro, if you dare 🙂
8. Squeeze lime on the toast
9. Serve on pretty plates, like these gorgeous Garden Grove dinner plates, which were recently gifted to me by Lenox. I spent HOURS poring over their catalogue to pick my favorite set, and these were the winner. Don’t they just highlight the dish beautifully? As a bonus, they’re also dishwasher safe(!).
312FOOD: SMOKY MANGO AVOCADO TOAST RECIPE
Thanks to my awesome intern Sam (modeling these plates above!) for her help in bringing our first 312food recipe to life.
If you’re excited about trying this recipe, it’d mean the world to me if you’d SHARE it using the buttons below or to the side. THANK YOU!
And P.S. if you like any of the “stuff” you see: