I LOVE a good white pizza recipe.
If you want to make next-level pizza at home (without doing any extra work), white pizza is the way to go. Just sub alfredo sauce for your tomato sauce, pair it with the right flavors, and you're all set!
For this recipe, I've partnered with Bertolli to feature their brand new Organic Alfredo Sauce. It pairs perfectly with my favorite pizza topping OF ALL TIME, hot Italian sausage. Bertolli has been making sauces for over 150 years, and this is the first time they've offered creamy white sauces with all organic ingredients. Well worth the wait, if you ask me!
I'll be using the Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce for my white pizza recipe. So you know, Bertolli has 5 other organic sauces -- their new Organic Garlic Alfredo Sauce (also delicious!), and 4 existing organic red sauces: Traditional Tomato & Basil; Olive Oil, Basil & Garlic; Fire-Roasted Garlic Marinara, and Five Cheese Sauce.
I hope you're as excited about this white pizza recipe as I am. If you like it, please pin & share. Thank you! <3 Erin
Bertolli White Pizza Recipe
This white pizza recipe is super simple. In the spirit of Bertolli's Tuscan Way of cooking, I've included just a few ingredients: arugula, shallots, garlic, mozzarella, and an egg.
I even used pre-made dough, which makes it a REALLY quick and easy recipe to cook at home on a weeknight.
You'll start by cooking the toppings -- comprised of hot Italian sausage plus oil, shallots, garlic, salt + pepper, and arugula.
These cooked toppings will be added to the white pizza base, which you'll create in the next step.
To create the white pizza base: flour your hands and surface, and roll the pre-made dough into a round pizza shape.
Place the dough on a lightly oiled pan, top it evenly with the Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce, and add the sliced discs of mozzarella throughout.
Just LOOK at that creamy sauce with those big slices of mozzarella. Yum!!!
Add the toppings you just cooked to the white pizza base, and top with the remaining shallot rings.
Place the pizza in a 400-degree oven for ~12 minutes -- and keep an eye on it, as the time could vary based on your specific pre-made dough.
And finally: as the pizza finishes baking, fry a sunny side up egg and place it on the center of the pizza.
For extra presentation points, you can pop the center of the egg with a spoon and swirl the yolk in circles so it's spread across each slice.
Doesn't it look amazing???
I'm pretty sure this is the best pizza I've EVER made at home. It disappeared in 5 seconds!
Below are the detailed instructions to make my Bertolli white pizza recipe. I hope you love it as much as I do.
White Pizza with Creamy Alfredo and Italian Sausage
For the base:
- 1/2 jar Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 8oz ball of fresh mozzarella, sliced into discs
- 1 package pre-made pizza dough*
- 1/4 cup flour (for rolling dough)
For the toppings:
- 1/2 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 handful arugula
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 shallot, diced
- 1/4 shallot, cut into rings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt + pepper
- 1 egg (optional)
- Frying pan (ideally, large stainless steel for sausage + small non-stick for egg)
- Rolling pin
- Pizza pan or pizza stone
- Pizza cutter or scissors
*Instructions are written for pre-made dough. You could also use a pre-made crust, which may lower your cooking time.
Serves: 2-3 people (8 slices total)
- Remove pre-made dough from refrigerator (rest for ~30 mins before using)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
Step 1 - for the topping mix:
- Heat oil in large stainless steel pan on medium-high
- Add diced shallots
- After ~2 min, add minced garlic
- After ~1 min, add hot Italian sausage
- When sausage is almost cooked through, add handful of arugula
- Finish cooking sausage and remove the pan from heat
Step 2 - for the base:
- Flour your hands and the rolling surface
- Using a rolling pin, roll pre-made dough into a circle. Try not to overdo it -- the less you mess with the dough, the better!
- Lift the rolled dough and place it on a lightly oiled pizza sheet
- Spoon ~1/3 cup of Bertolli Organic Creamy Alfredo sauce in the center of the pizza dough; swirl the sauce to distribute evenly
- Add discs of mozzarella
- Top the sauce + mozzarella mix with the cooked sausage mix from Step 1 above
- Top with a few shallot discs
- Cook in 400-degree oven for ~12 minutes, or until underside of crust is browned. Be sure to monitor it, as timing could vary based on the specific dough you use!
Step 3 - for the egg:
- When the pizza is almost finished, heat oil in a small non-stick pan and fry a sunny side up egg on low heat
- Add the egg to the center of the completed pizza; drizzle the yolk with a spoon for extra deliciousness
Bertolli White Pizza Recipe by 312food
312food + Bertolli
I hope you love this recipe!
I've partnered with them before, and I've chosen to do so again now, for three main reasons:
- All of Bertolli's sauces are made with no artificial flavors/colors and no high-fructose corn syrup -- both of which are SUPER important to me when cooking at home
- I really like the sauce! Simple as that. It's made with all organic ingredients, including aged parmesan, fresh cream, and garlic. I'm a fan.
- I wanted to publish a white pizza recipe, because I LOVE THEM and think you will too. This one turned out really well, and I'm super proud of it.
I hope you like this recipe. If you did, I'd really appreciate a pin and/or share. <3 Erin