I'm OBSESSED with how this dish turned out.
It all started because I wanted to use the "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning from Trader Joe's. I was inspired by the flavors of bagel & lox in building out the dish.
There's even cream cheese in the eggs! It really does have everything except the bagel itself.
It's the "Thursday" option on my list of 5 weekday breakfast bowls.
Of course, you could always add a bagel to the dish. I just kept it out for the sake of being a bit more healthy. Your call! 🙂
"EVERYTHING BUT THE BAGEL" SCRAMBLE WITH LOX
For the scrambled eggs:
- Heat butter or oil in nonstick pan; reduce heat to med-low
- Add garlic & whites of green onion to pan; cook for ~1 minute until soft
- Beat eggs with whisk and add to pan
- Scramble eggs for ~2-3 minutes.
- When almost finished, add 2-3 tablespoons of cream cheese to pan with eggs. Mix it in with the soft spatula for ~20 seconds and then remove pan from heat
- Mix greens of green onions into eggs and cover pan with a lid for ~1 more minute to steam and finish cooking.