I'm OBSESSED with this recipe.
Garlic. Parmesan. Cauliflower. Bites. I can't even express to you how delicious they are.
I posted the making of this dish on my instagram story, and I have never gotten so many DMs asking for a recipe.
So, here you go. If you like it, please pin & share!
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
The first thing you'll do is make the cauliflower bites themselves. Chop up the cauliflower, dip it in batter, dip it in panko, add it to a baking sheet, and toss the sheet in the oven.
The cauliflower bites will bake for 22-24 minutes total -- 16 minutes initially, and 6-8 minutes at the end after adding the sauce.
While the bites are in the oven for the first time, mix together a few ingredients for the garlic parmesan sauce. Pull the bites from the oven at 16 minutes, add the sauce, then pop them back in!
And finally, once you take the bites out, you'll sprinkle a cheese + parsley mixture on top for extra deliciousness.
That's it! I hope you enjoy these epic cauliflower bites. And stay tuned for some sauce variations at the end!
Here are the detailed instructions:
For the cauliflower bites:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour (I used King Arthur)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko
For the garlic parmesan sauce:
- 6oz butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped parsley
For the cheese topping:
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, thinly grated
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
Step 1: for the cauliflower bites:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Chop the head of cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, discarding the core
- Combine the milk, whole wheat flour, garlic powder, pepper and olive oil in a medium-sized bowl; add the cauliflower and mix until coated
- Place a silicon baking mat (or sheet of parchment paper) on a baking sheet
- Add the panko to a separate bowl. Dip the cauliflower bites into the panko, then arrange in rows on the baking mat (or parchment paper)
- Bake for 16 minutes, initially (in the next steps, you will add a sauce & put them back in the oven)
Step 2: for the garlic parmesan sauce:
While the cauliflower bites are baking...
- Melt the butter (I used a glass bowl in the microwave for ~35 seconds on medium power)
- Add the garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and chopped parsley to the melted butter
- Remove the parmesan bites from the oven (after the initial 16 minutes), and spoon the garlic parmesan sauce over the cauliflower bites
- Return the bites to the oven for 6-8 more minutes.
Step 3: for the cheese topping:
While the cauliflower bites are finishing up...
- Thinly grate the parmigiano reggiano cheese
- Mix the cheese together with the remaining chopped parsley
- Remove the cauliflower bites from the oven, sprinkle with the cheese mixture, and enjoy!
Mix It Up
It's SUPER easy to make variations of this recipe using almost any sauce you want!
The right half of the dish above is made with BBQ sauce.
When using other sauces, here's what to do:
- Step 1 of the recipe above is exactly the same
- In Step 2, sub in the sauce of your choice & return to oven for about the same amount of time (keep an eye on it, as it could vary slightly by sauce)
- You may not even need step 3 - or you could sprinkle a different cheese, aligned with your sauce.
You can use pretty much any sauce that would go well on chicken wings -- like:
- Buffalo sauce
- BBQ sauce
- Hot sauce / wing sauce
- And so on!
In This Recipe
I hope you like this recipe! If you did, I'd really appreciate a pin and/or share.
Thanks so much. <3 Erin