Have you ever made snow shakes?
They're the simplest of simple pleasures when it's snowing outside. You only need three ingredients -- two of which are snow & water!
So, I guess you could say they're a seasonal treat. 😀
I first learned how to make snow shakes from my dad, who used to make them on camping trips. They were his favorite sweet treat after a long day of hiking in the mountains.
It's -2 degrees in Michigan, and it's snowed almost every day this week, so I thought I'd try my hand at a few snow shakes of my own. And then snap a few quick pics outside while trying not to freeze my FACE off.
I hope you enjoy the fruits (lol) of my efforts. If you do, please pin & share. Thanks!
How to Make Snow Shakes by 312food
- Collect fresh snow in medium-sized mixing bowls (one bowl per flavor/serving -- about 12oz per shake).
- Add 1 packet of Carnation instant breakfast powder to each bowl of snow, and mix until the color is uniform. The mixture will be very icy/crumbly at this point, almost like Italian Ice.
- Slowly add 1-4oz of water, to desired consistency. More water = soupier & more flavorful drink!
- Transfer from bowl to glass to serve. If desired, add layers of Cool Whip (I did this for the strawberry version but not the dark chocolate version -- see pics below)
- Top with fresh fruit and any other holiday toppings you desire.